Class 03 - Listening Practise
You are going to hear a conversation between a hotel receptionist and a customer who has come to make a booking.
An example has been done for you.
Before starting the IELTS listening test part 1 practice, take 30 seconds to look at questions 1-6.
When you have done that, start the recording and answer questions 1-6:
Complete the form below.
Write NO MORE THREE WORDS AND OR/NUMBERS for each answer
Complete the table below.
Write NO MORE THREE WORDS AND OR/ A NUMBER for each answer
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or C. for each answer
11 The company expanded in
12 The number of permanent staff is
13 Most volunteers join the program
A in Winter
B in July
C when it is best for them
14 Time Abroad receives all its income from
A partner organisations
C the govenment
Complete the table.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
You will hear a woman asking a tutor for more information about a Media Studies course at a university.
Questions 21 - 23
Choose the correct letter A, B or C.
21 How long did Louise work at a radio station?
A 2 years
B 4 years
C 6 years
22 Why does Louise want to do a Masters?
A To get a promotion in her current job
B To go into TV
C Employers like post-graduate qualifications
23 How long will it take to do the Masters part-time rather than the modular route?
A 18 months
B 3 years
C 4 years
Questions 24 and 25
Choose TWO letters A-F.
Which two things must Louise have to join the course?
A A bachelor's degree
B Work experience
C Either a bachelor's degree or work experience
D Research experience
E A completed thesis
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Questions 31 – 35
Complete the sentences below
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer
31. Indian Railways is owned and ____________ by the government of India.
32. There are more than ____________ million people working for Indian Railways
33. The ____________ of the railways from 1857 occurred under Robert Maitland Brereton.
34. The joining of the East Indian Railway with the Great Indian Peninsula Railway led to a network of ____________ kilometres.
35. The route from Bombay to Calcutta, opened in 1870, was an ____________ for the book Around the World in 80 days.
Complete the table below
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer
IELTS listening test: Answers
9 (and) 12 / nine (and) twelve
15 (th) October / 15th of October
WC2D 5JB / wc2d 5jb
15 / fifteen
the (nice) park
£2400 / 2400 pounds
how to apply
34. 6400 / 6,400
37. rail(way) systems
38. disrepair / collapse (IN ANY ORDER)
39. capital value